Anyone who has ever been in a car accident knows the physical injuries as well as the emotional trauma that can occur. While the physical wounds are often easy to recognize, the emotional ones are often overlooked.
Victims of car accidents and their families need to be aware of the emotional impact an accident can have and how to get help.
Psychological trauma is just as real, and potentially damaging as physical trauma. According to a report in Achieve Solutions, “auto accidents are one of the most prevalent sources of psychological trauma, with over 6 million car accidents and over 40,000 traffic fatalities reported annually”.
When a person has been through a car accident many emotional responses are possible from denial, anxiety, shock, confusion, social withdrawal and dramatic mood swings. Debilitating phobias are also known to arise from car accidents, leaving accident victims unable to perform routine functions like driving on interstate highways or in some cases even leaving their homes.
If you or someone you know has been the victim of a motor vehicle accident or other traumatic event, watch for any symptoms that continue for more than a few weeks, as well as difficulty accomplishing normal tasks, avoidance issues, or drug or alcohol abuse. All of these things are a sign that help from a qualified psychologist is in order.
If you or a loved one is ever injured in a car accident in Connecticut– call us. We will help protect your rights. The car accident lawyers at RisCassi & Davis have been helping victims of car accidents for over 55 years. What’s more, our Connecticut car accident lawyers have received local and national recognition for our handling of car accident cases including:
- Top listing in “The Best Lawyers in America” and “Best Law Firms”
- Top listing by Martindale-Hubbell as a “New England Top Rated AV Preeminent® Law Firm.
- Admission of five of our personal injury lawyers as members in the very prestigious American College of Trial Lawyers. The American College is a professional society of Fellows who become members only by invitation, with admission limited to experienced, outstanding trial lawyers who are unquestionably and eminently qualified as actively engaged trial lawyers. Only 1% of all trial lawyers in any state are offered admission as members to the College.
- Listing in New England Super Lawyers published by Connecticut Magazine. Less than 5% of attorneys in the New England states receive this honor
- Lifetime Achievement awards from the Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association
- Board Certification by the National Board of Trial Advocacy
The Connecticut car accident lawyers at RisCassi & Davis are committed to helping Connecticut drivers.
If you would like a free consultation about your car accident, please contact us today. There is no obligation of any kind. We are ready to help.